Wednesday 30 July 2014

Michelle Goes Ape in the Lakes

UCLan Sports Studies graduate Michelle Ferry has used her degree to secure a role as in Instructor with Go Ape in the Lake District.

We spoke to Michelle to find out more: "UCLan helped me further my understanding of teaching sports in schools, and the theories behind sport, as well as learning many teaching styles that I hope to put into practice.

"I'm hoping my role at Go Ape will enable me to gain further experience in outdoor education, as I'm now living in the Lake District so I can also improve in outdoor pursuits such as mountain biking, kayaking, walking, road biking and climbing.

"In September I hope to begin a primary PGCE in Carlisle to follow my dream of becoming a teacher. Whilst living in the Lake District I've made contact with schools and have subsequently received an offer from one who is happy to take me for my PGCE placement. This school has a strong focus on outdoor pursuits and physical education, so it's an extremely exciting prospect.

"Thank you to my lecturers at UCLan for their enthusiasm and encouragement throughout my time there, allowing me to progress and achieve."

No comments:

Post a Comment