Wednesday 27 May 2015

International call-up for UCLan student

UCLan's Joe Gilpin has been chosen to represent England at the upcoming Student Four Nations tournament.

The Sports Studies student progressed through a series of tough training camps to make the final 20-man squad which travels to Dublin in June to face Ireland, Scotland and Wales.

England are preparing for the Four Nations with RFL Association Cups games against the Great Britain teams for the Police, Teachers and Armed Forces.

Joe, who was on the scoresheet as England won 72-8 against the Police, commented: "I'm eager and excited to represent my country and compete at an international level.

"I'd like to thank my UCLan Coach, Andy Procter, who has helped me develop and improve as a player. I'm also grateful to my university lecturers and the sports department for their support throughout this process."

The Student Four Nations takes place from 14-19 June.

No comments:

Post a Comment